What to do
1. Check if your business is eligible
Your business must:
- Have a storefront
- Have less than $2.5M in gross revenue in 2020
- Have started on or before December 31, 2020
- Not received federal, state, or City loans more than $20,000
- Not received federal, state, or City grants more than $5,000
Loans are money that you must pay back. Grants are money that you were given.
Your business must also meet at least 1 of these requirements:
- Be a business that was mandated to close for more than 6 months due to the City Health Orders (like a salon, gym, or bar) or
- Be located in an Invest In Neighborhoods Opportunity Neighborhood commercial corridor or
- Not received any grants or loans from federal, state, or City programs (like Paycheck Protection Program, Economic Injury Disaster Loan, SF HELP, African American Revolving Loan Fund, Latino Small Business Fund, CA Relief Grant, Resiliency Fund, or other City COVID financial resource)
2. Gather information about your business
We will ask you for:
- Your Business Account Number (BAN). If you don't know it, you can look it up.
- Your 2020 gross receipts
- Amount of any federal, state, or city grants or loans you’ve received since COVID began
3. Gather your family income
Your family must qualify as moderate, low, or extremely low income, based on the Area Median Income. We will help you check this in the form.
Family size: We will ask you how many people are in your family. A family is a single person or a group of people who live together, regardless of actual or perceived sexual orientation, gender identity, or marital status.
Family income: We will also ask you about the income for all adults in your family. Use your 2020 tax return if you have filed or estimate your total income for the last 12 months.
4. Complete and sign a W9
We need a completed and signed W9 to process your grant application.
It will be faster if you upload it with your application, but you can submit it later.
You can upload it in the form.
We will ask you a few questions to check if you are eligible for the grant. If you are, you can then apply.
You will upload your W9 and agree to our legal terms.
We will also ask you questions to see if you are eligible for other grants that are currently open. We may ask you about your average part-time and full-time employees from February 2019 to February 2020.
This will take about 15 minutes.
6. What to expect after you apply
We will email you a confirmation.
We will email you within 30 days to let you know the status of your application.
Last updated May 08, 2021