The Tenderloin is home to families, immigrants, seniors, merchants and workers, some of them unhoused. All deserve a thriving neighborhood to call home.
The Tenderloin Emergency Initiative is a partnership between the community and the City and County of San Francisco.
Watch this video about the initiative.
Read the guide and plan
San Francisco has a guide and plan for the emergency in the Tenderloin to:
- Get both housed and unhoused people to the services they need
- Improve safety
- Reduce crime
- Increase investment in the community
The plan is a start and will change based on the opportunities and challenges faced, and on feedback from the community.
Get help at the Tenderloin Center
The Tenderloin Center is now open at 1172 Market Street. It aims to:
- Reduce widespread open-air drug use and prevent overdoses
- Be a place people can go to by choice to find respite from the streets
- Provide easy access to help and resources from the City and County of San Francisco and its community and non-profit partners
Download a Tenderloin Center flier: