What to do
1. Sign in to your account on the Supplier Portal
Have your username and password ready.
If you do not have a username and password, contact the DTIS Help Desk: email@example.com.
2. Add a new Declaration
Once you're signed in, complete the following steps:
- Click on the Certifications menu on the right side of the screen
- Click on 12B Declaration
- Click the Add A New Value tab
- Under Declaration Type, select Supplier if you have a Supplier ID. If you do not have a Supplier ID, select Bidder. (Bidder numbers start with “B”)
- Click the Add button
If you need to update an existing Declaration, click Find An Existing Value. Then enter the Declaration number and click the Search button. Continue the remaining steps.
3. Complete your Declaration
Follow the prompts to complete the 12B Declaration.
Include the following documents with your Declaration:
- Formal verification of your employee count (see examples below)
- Memorandum to your employees notifying them that employees with domestic partners and employees with spouses have equal benefits (see our employee memorandum template)
You may use any of the following forms to verify your employee count:
- Form W-3
- Form 941
- DE 9C form
- Form SS-4
- Form 1040 SE
- OSHA Form 300A
- CA EDD Quarterly Contribution Return
You must submit an employee count verification even if you have no employees or have no location or employees in San Francisco.
In the event of an audit, any policy documents that you submit with this form will be reviewed.
4. Submit your Declaration
Once you have completed your Declaration, submit it by clicking:
- Submit or Cancel
Tip: Write down the Declaration Number that appears at the top of the page in case you need to contact the Equal Benefits Unit.
Check your compliance status
You will receive a confirmation email when we have assigned your company as 12B compliant.
You can check your compliance status in your PeopleSoft account.
Convert to a supplier
If you are a bidder, you must convert to being a supplier. Contact the Supplier Management Team at firstname.lastname@example.org to request conversion.
Next, notify all City departments you currently work with that your business is compliant.
To maintain compliance, you must submit a new 12B Declaration and supporting documentation if there is a major change in your business.
Major changes may include:
- Name changes
- Employee count changes that result in a change in benefits
- Tax ID changes
Contract Monitoring Division1155 Market Street
San Francisco, CA 94103
Last updated November 8, 2022