Use private property for your business

Temporary Shared Spaces permits to use outdoor space on private property have expired.

What to do

As of April 1, 2023, Shared Spaces permits for private property are no longer be valid. Operators need approvals from outside of the Shared Spaces program for continued use of these outdoor spaces.

Please follow this step-by-step process to identify the forms that you need to submit for permanent authorization of your "Outdoor Activity Area." After you submit this online form, the Planning Department will email you the forms that you need to submit for your proposed use of the space. If you need help filling out this form, the Office of Small Business may be able to provide direct assistance.

Get help

Last updated May 10, 2023