What to do
1. Decide if you want to be an equity incubator
Equity Incubators must partner with an Equity Applicant at least one of 2 ways for at least 3 years, by offering:
- Rent free space. You must meet the criteria for onsite or offsite provision of space.
- Technical assistance to help Equity Applicants run their business.
Equity Incubators must also:
- Hire local staff to work at least 30% of business hours
- Have half of their staff meet the conditions for being an Equity Applicant
2. Tell the City you want to be an Equity Incubator
After you register
- Partner with a verified Equity Applicant. Once you register, you can ask for a list of verified Equity Applicants from the Office of Cannabis.
- We will send you an incubator verification number. We will also give you a link to part 1 of the Cannabis Business Permit Application.
- Get ready to apply for a cannabis business permit.
- Apply for a Cannabis Business Permit (part 1).
- Draft your agreement with the Equity Applicant. This agreement must meet all the City’s requirements for incubation.
- Email that agreement to the Office of Cannabis for review.
Last updated May 29, 2020