What to do
1. Check if you are eligible
You can apply for a cannabis business permit now if you:
- Are verified as an Equity Applicant, where you do not pay fees for the initial permit but will pay for renewals
- Are an Equity Incubator helping an Equity Applicant
- Operated to support medical cannabis, but closed because of federal pressure
- Existed as a cannabis business in 2017, and are already verified by the Office of Cannabis
If you are not any of these, you can apply after we open applications to the public.
Our goal is to issue half of all cannabis permits to Equity operated businesses before opening permit applications to everyone.
Please note that Ordinance 200144 went into effect on July 23rd, 2023, and prohibits the Office of Cannabis from accepting any new applications for Storefront Retail, Delivery-Only Retail, Medicinal Retail, and retail-related Microbusinesses. This legislation is set to sunset on December 31, 2027.
2. Get a link to apply for a cannabis business permit
3. Get ready to apply
Last updated August 7, 2023