Permit Center Hours of Operation
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 7:30 am - 4:00 pm
Wednesday: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
*Limited hours for the following counters:
- Technical Services Division (DBI)
- Mon, Tues, Thur, Fri: 7:30 am to 11:30 am; Weds 9:00 am to 11:30 am
- Environmental Health OTC Plan Review (DPH)
- Weekdays: 9:00 am to 3:00 pm
- Public Works: Urban Forestry (PW)
- Mon 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Tues, Weds, Thur, Fri: 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
- SF Recreations and Parks
- Thursday, December 30th, 2021 - Monday, February 14, 2022: Window 37 will be closed, but service will be available through the call center.
- Information on how to reach staff or to book online can be found at sfrecpark.org
Over the Counter (OTC) without Plans
Submit your over-the-counter no plans project in person. Remember to bring your application and completed forms with supporting documents with you. Each customer may submit a maximum of two OTC No Plans applications per review. Email DBI firstname.lastname@example.org if you are uncertain whether your project requires plans. Additional information on OTC projects is found here.
Over the Counter (OTC) with Plans
We offer drop-in service for Over the Counter (OTC) with plans projects.
The Permit Center will no longer offer the ability to schedule appointments. Just drop-in!
Each customer may submit a maximum of one application per review.
Click here for a list of the forms required by DBI and other permitting departments. Additional information on OTC projects is found here.
Trade Permits (Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing and Solar)
Apply for the following Trade Permit online if you are a licensed contractor with an online DBI account:
You may also apply in person, an appointment is not required. Limit 3 applications per review.
Email DBI for additional questions: email@example.com
Of visit: SF DBI
Technical Services Division (DBI)
General questions and assistance with the San Francisco Building Code.
*Counter Hours; Mon, Tues, Thur, Fri: 7:30 am to 11:30 am; Weds 9:00 am to 11:30 am
Contact by email for assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org
Key Programs Counter (DBI)
Form submittal for the following programs, please contact the programs directly if you have questions:
Accessible Business Entry Program (ABE) email@example.com, Accessory Dwelling Unit Program (ADU) firstname.lastname@example.org, Mandatory Soft Story Program email@example.com, Building Occupancy Resumption Program (BORP) firstname.lastname@example.org, Building Façade Inspection and Maintenance email@example.com, Unit Legalization firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Counter Hours; Mon, Tues, Thur, Fri: 7:30 am to 4:00 pm; Weds 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
SF Public Works (BSM)
BSM provides the following Over the Counter (OTC) construction services in person.
- Street Space permit
- Sidewalk Repair permit
- Inspection Right-of-Way Conformity
- General BSM permitting questions
- Acceptance of documents for a permit under review (Bonds, insurance, etc)
- Acceptance of payments for permits via check or credit card. Cash will not be accepted.
- Limit 3 applications per review
In-house and commercial permits for BSM are only accepted via the online portal /email and will not be accepted at the Permit Center.
Email Public Works for additional questions: email@example.com
SF Public Works Urban Forestry (BUF)
BUF provides the following services and permits.
All applications for tree planting, tree removal, sidewalk landscaping, and tree protection will be accepted. Online submission is preferred
- In some cases, tree planting and landscaping can be issued OTC. Email for questions.
- Payment accepted for all invoices issued by the BUF; application fees for applications that have already been submitted
- General inquiries and questions
Permits Not Issued OTC and accepted via online/email/ by phone:
- Tree Removal: Requires physical inspection and notice
*Counter Hours; Mon 10:00 am to 4:00 pm; Tues, Weds, Thurs, Fri: 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
SF Planning Consultation Services
SF Planning provides in-person consultation service for the following:
- General Land Use and Zoning
- Design Review
- SF Planning Code
- Neighborhood plan or area plan
- General questions and assistance
An appointment is not required.
Email SF Planning for additional questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or visit: SF Planning
SF Department of Public Health (DPH)
SF DPH provides the following services at the Permit Center. An appointment is not required.
* Environmental Health OTC plan review; weekdays: 9:00 am to 3:00 pm
Environmental Health in-person general assistance is available during the Permit Center's hours of operation.
- Applications and payments
- General questions
Email SF DPH for additional questions: EnvHealth.DPH@sfdph.org
Or visit: SF DPH Environmental Health
SF Recreation and Park Department (RPD)
Thursday, December 30th, 2021 - Monday, February 14, 2022: Window 37 will be closed, but service will be available through the call center.
Information on how to reach staff or to book online can be found at sfrecpark.org
Normal service hours will resume on Monday, February 14, 2022
*Service Hours: Monday through Friday 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM, with the exception of holidays
SF RPD provides the following services at the Permit Center:
• Picnic Site Reservations
• Athletic Field Reservations (occasional/single day only)
• Proof of Residency Verification for Athletic Field Reservations
• Payment Processing (Check or Credit Card Only)
All permits are available online at sfrecpark.org
Telephone Assistance, (415) 831-5500
Monday through Friday 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM, with the exception of City holidays