What to do
1. Set up at least 1 outreach meeting
The meetings should take place at your business location, or within 1 mile of it.
Weeknight meetings must be between 6pm and 9pm Pacific time. Weekend meetings must be between 10am and 9pm Pacific time.
2. Write a notice to inform your neighbors about your meeting
- Meeting dates, times, and location
- Copy of your Good Neighbor Policy
- Other ways your neighbors can give written input on your policy
- Name, phone number, and email address of an onsite manager of community relations
Neighbors can contact the onsite manager about the operation of your business.
If you don't have an onsite manager yet, you can still do outreach. But before you can get your permit, you must assign a staff member to do community relations. You must send another notice to your neighbors with their contact information. You must also give the Office of Cannabis their information.
You must translate your notice into Spanish, Chinese, and Filipino.
Save a copy of your notice. You will upload this to your permit application.
3. Mail your notice to your neighbors
Keep that list of names and addresses. You will upload this to your permit application.
4. Keep meeting documents for your application
We will ask for:
- Sign in sheets
- Information packets
- Any written input your neighbors provided
Locations that need Conditional Use Authorization
You can use these outreach materials to prepare for the Planning Commission hearing. See details in the Conditional Use Application.
Combining SF Planning outreach
You can combine both SF Planning and cannabis requirements into 1 meeting. See details in SF Planning’s pre-application meeting packet.
Last updated October 02, 2019