You need to meet with your neighbors to get feedback on your Good Neighbor Policy.
See details about what your Good Neighbor Policy needs.
In general, you must have the following in your Good Neighbor Policy.
All cannabis businesses must:
- Have strong outside lighting to light up sidewalks and streets
- Have ventilation so people cannot smell cannabis from outside
- Clean the area around your business
Storefront retail businesses must:
- Ban loitering and littering around your business
- Put up signs reminding customers to keep the neighborhood peaceful
- Put up signs to ban littering and loitering
- Put up signs to keep driveways clear
- Put up signs banning cannabis smoking in public places (including sidewalks and business entrances)
- Ensure all signs are big and well-lit at public entrances and exits
- Ban double parking outside of your business
- Have security staff within 50 feet of public entrances and exits
Retail businesses with a consumption permit must:
- Place "No Smoking" signs where smoking is banned
- Place "No Consuming Cannabis" signs where cannabis cannot be consumed
- Ask customers who are smoking or consuming cannabis in a banned area to stop
- Ensure signs are big and well lit at public entrances and exits
You must get feedback on your Good Neighbor Policy from your neighbors. This can be during your outreach meetings or outside of them. They can ask for more commitments from you. We will ask you about these extra commitments in your application.
Any commitments you make on your Good Neighbor Policy will be conditions of your permit.
Last updated May 19, 2022