What to do
1. Learn about your options
In addition to the Fire Disaster Relief grant, the Office of Small Business can help you access:
- Business counseling
- Referrals to specialized advisors
- Low-interest loans
- Relocation and/or lease help
- Permitting support
Contact the Office of Small Business to discuss your needs and options.
2. Check if your business is eligible for the Fire Disaster Relief grant
- Must be registered in San Francisco at the time of the fire
- Suffered physical damages from a fire within the past 12 months
- Fire can not be the fault of the business
- Damage must have been at a permanent, physical location in San Francisco
- Mobile businesses are not eligible
- Home-based businesses are not eligible
- This include the management of residential rental properties
- Must intend to reopen or relocate in San Francisco
- Nonprofits are eligible
- Must have $5 million or less in gross revenue
- Must have an average of 100 or fewer employees
3. Request an application
Contact the Office of Small Business to request a copy of the application form at 415-554-6134 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application will take about 20 minutes to fill out once you have your materials ready. It is available as an online form, fillable PDF, or in print.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis while funding is available. We will let you know the status of your application within two weeks of your complete application being submitted.
More about the Fire Disaster Relief Grant
This program provides grants of up to $10,000 to small businesses damaged by a fire that is no fault of their own. Grants to eligible businesses are available on a first-come-first-serve basis, based on fund availability.
Last updated November 17, 2023