What to do
1. See if you are eligible
CAP is a program of the Office of Civic Engagement and Immigrant Affairs (OCEIA).
The Community Ambassadors Program (CAP) hires trainees through a City program called JobsNOW!
You qualify for JobsNOW if you:
- Live in San Francisco
- Receive public benefits like CalWORKs, CalFresh, Medi-Cal, cash assistance, or are a former foster youth.
- Can work up to 32 hours, Monday to Friday, including some evenings
- Have a strong interest in working with the public and vulnerable populations
- Ability to read, write and speak English
No experience is required to be a Community Ambassador Trainee.
Preferred skills or experience:
- You graduated high school or have a GED
- You experience with community outreach, security or customer service
- You are bilingual
You will also need to:
- Do a background check
- Provide proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status
Learn more about the Community Ambassador Trainee job description.
2. Enroll in JobsNOW!
3. What happens after you enroll
After you enroll, the Human Services Agency will contact you and let you know if you are eligible.
If you are eligible, a caseworker will contact you to learn more about your application.
Tell them that you want to be a Community Ambassador Trainee.
We hire and train residents to provide a visible, safe and informative presence in several San Francisco neighborhoods.
Last updated April 6, 2023