What to do
1. See if you are eligible
The Community Ambassadors Program (CAP) hires San Francisco residents. Ambassadors are a visible, non-law enforcement safety presence in several neighborhoods.
You can qualify if you:
- Live in San Francisco
- Can work up to full time, Monday to Friday, including some evenings
- Have a strong interest in working with the public and vulnerable populations
- Ability to read, write and speak English well
Preferred skills or experience:
- You graduated high school or have a GED
- You experience with community outreach, security or customer service
- You are bilingual
You will also need to:
- Provide 2 or more references from past jobs
- Pass a background check
- Provide proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status
Learn more about the CAP job description.
2. Submit your application
CAP is a program of the Office of Civic Engagement and Immigrant Affairs (OCEIA).
To apply, submit your resume to the Community Ambassadors Program email. Introduce yourself and state why you want to be a Community Ambassador in your email.
3. What happens after you apply
If you are eligible to be a Community Ambassador, we will email you for an interview. Please allow for up to 2 weeks to hear back from us.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
Some applicants will be eligible for an employment and training program called JobsNOW! You may be referred to this City program when you apply.
We hire and train residents to provide a visible, safe and informative presence in several San Francisco neighborhoods.
Last updated December 22, 2021