Downpayment Assistance Loan Program (DALP) summary
- Downpayment loan up to $375,000, to bid on a property on the open market.
- Silent second loan that requires no payments for 30 years, or until you sell the unit
- You can re-sell the unit at market prices
- An annual lottery assigns applicants to a rank order
- MOHCD will process applications in lottery rank order
- There are additional DALP funds available for first responders and SFUSD educators
See details about applying for DALP.
City Second Loan Program summary
- Downpayment loan up to $375,000, to bid on a collection of properties also advertised on the open market
- There is no interest, no deferred payment, and no prepayment penalty
- Sits in second position on title after the first mortgage
- You can re-sell the unit at market prices, but the City has the option of selecting a buyer from the City Second Loan Program to match the first bid
- Loans are available to City Second listing applicants first-come first-serve
See information for City Second buyers.
Teacher Next Door Program (TND) summary
- Only for SFUSD educators
- Downpayment loan up to:
- $40,000 on a market rate unit (DALP or City Second)
- $20,000 on a mixed-income below-market-rate unit
- Typically layered on top of other MOHCD loan programs, if additional funding is needed.
- Forgiven after 10 years, if all program requirements are met
- Work with your lender to apply for TND
See details about the Teacher Next Door program.
Below Market Rate Downpayment Assistance Loan Program (BMR-DALP) summary
- Downpayment loan as needed, for a homebuyer purchasing a mixed-income unit
- Requires no monthly payment and accrues no interest
- Work with your lender to apply for BMR-DALP
See details about the BMR-DALP.