The Tenderloin Center is part of San Francisco’s Tenderloin Emergency Initiative. It is designed to provide a safe space for anyone to easily and quickly access San Francisco health and human service resources. Watch this video to learn more about the Linkage Center.
Tenderloin Center on-site service calendar
Staff are available daily to help link you to services and provide on-site care. We offer the services listed below at the TLC. Staff can also help enroll and refer you to offsite services such as treatment, medical care, and mental health services.
- Breakfast - 8am, 6 days a week (TLC is closed Thursday mornings until 11am)
- Lunch - 12pm, 7 days a week
- Dinner - 5pm, 7 days a week
- Coffee and water - 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week
- Bathrooms - 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week
- Showers & laundry - 11am to 5:30pm, 7 days a week
- Safer use & overdose prevention supplies - 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week
- Enrollment in treatment programs including methadone and buprenorphine access - 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week
- Counseling, various times, Mon, Weds, Thurs, Fri
- Living Room, a place to relax, use a computer, explore sobriety, 9am-3pm, 7 days a week
- Reentry services (detox, case management, housing) - 8am to 5pm, Mon - Fri
- Wound care supplies - 7 days a week
- HIV, STI, Hepatitis testing & Covid vaccinations - periodically
- Housing and shelter assessments - 9am to 3pm, Mon - Fri
- CAAP, Food Stamps (CalFresh), Medi-Cal application assistance - 8am to 5pm, Mon - Fri
- Employment services - 8am to 5pm, Mon and Fri
- DMV ID vouchers - 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week
- Art activities - various times
- Transportation to other services - when available
These are just some of the services at the TLC to help you find respite and care for your needs. Not all services are available daily.
Referrals to offsite services
If you’re ready, or interested to learn more, we have staff who will help connect and refer you to services.
- Primary care and medical treatment
- Substance use treatment
- Mental health support
- Social services
- Employment services
- Veteran support
- Case management
- Reentry housing and services
- Animal care
These services and programs are offered by the City of San Francisco and its partners.
The Tenderloin Center is on Market Street next to the UN Plaza. It was formerly a City College campus. You can walk, bike, or take transit.
- The nearest MUNI and BART station is the Civic Center station
- Plan your trip with the 511 trip planner
- Entrance is ADA accessible
- Accessible restrooms on every floor
- Elevators on every floor
See the schedule for every day, medical, and support services.
If you're experiencing homelessness
If you're experiencing homelessness
Youth and families can find a nearby Coordinated Entry Access Point. Adults can connect with the Homeless Outreach Team.
Get help for homelessness and homelessness prevention
Food security and meals, financial assistance, health and wellness, laundry services, and other helpful resources
If you want outreach for shelter or services, please call SFHOT at 415-355-7401
Get connected to treatment and care
Find treatment for substance use
Find a place for safe detox, treatment, or long-term recovery from drugs or alcohol.
Domestic and family violence resources
Information and resources for individuals and families experiencing domestic violence.
STD testing and care
Get sexual health services and information. Delivering high-quality care for over 100 years.
Get help with housing and shelter
Get help from a housing counselor
Counselors can help with your rental application, credit score, or other housing issues.
Get help to pay for housing or other emergencies
Apply for the Season of Sharing fund to get short-term help.
Find and apply for affordable rental housing
See and apply for current rental listings on DAHLIA, the SF Housing Portal.
Connect with rehabilitative and reentry services
Get Connected to Reentry Services
SFAPD funds a portfolio of reentry and rehabilitative services to help our clients rebuild their lives and reclaim their place in the community.