Call 911 if there is an emergency:
- Weapons, violence, making threats, aggressive behavior, destructive behavior (going into traffic, dangerously climbing structures)
- Illegal, criminal activity, crimes in progress
- Medical emergencies
- Acute behavioral health crisis or overdose
- For Adults: first responder may be a non-law enforcement, street crisis team depending on call/incident details.
Call the non-emergency number at (415) 553-0123) for the following concerns:
- Encampment in a vehicle
- Noise complaints and loitering
- People, structures, or encampments blocking entrances to property (residences, businesses) or blocking sidewalks in violation of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- i.e. people, structures or encampments that are violating ADA by blocking safe and full access of sidewalks and other public spaces for people with disabilities.
If you are experiencing homelessness and need help, call SFHOT:
The SF Homeless Outreach Team can be reached at 415-355-7401.
SFHOT is a bridge to shelter, housing resources and other support services.
Last updated November 29, 2022