MCO Rate Increases (Effective July 1, 2023)
- MCO For-Profit Rate increased to $20.22 per hour
- MCO Non-Profit rate increased to $18.93 per hour.
- MCO Public Entity Rate increased to $19.25 per hour. It will increase again on:
- September 1, 2023 to $20.25 per hour
- January 1, 2024 to $20.75 per hour
Posters and forms reflecting this rate increase are available below.
The Minimum Compensation Ordinance (MCO) covers most City service contractors as well as tenants at the San Francisco International Airport.
The law generally requires covered employers to provide to their covered employees:
- No less than the MCO hourly wage in effect;
- 12 paid days off per year (or cash equivalent); and
- 10 days off without pay per year.
Find current and recent wage rates in the table provided. We also have an accessible version of the wage rate table with a link to all past wage rates.
The San Francisco Board of Supervisors passed the Minimum Compensation Ordinance in August 2000.
- Minimum Compensation Ordinance, Administrative Code Section 12P
- MCO Amendments - September 2018
- MCO Non-profit Amendment - October 2018
MCO Rules: OLSE released new Rules Implementing the Minimum Compensation Ordinance on March 2, 2020. The Rules took effect on July 1, 2020.
- The new MCO Rules replace the prior MCO Regulations, issued by the Office of Contract Administration in 2002
Complete MCO/HCAO Resource packets to download
- MCO-HCAO Packet for City Contractors
- MCO-HCAO Packet for SFO Contractors
- MCO-HCAO Packet for SFO Leases and Concessions
For City Departments
- MCO Contractor Compliance Declaration ( MCO Declaration Word) ( MCO Declaration PDF)
- List of Exemptions for the MCO (PDF)
The following forms may be found on the City's Intranet:
- MCO Form P-360 Exemption & Waiver
- HCAO Form P-365 Exemption & Waiver
If you have any questions about your rights or responsibilities, contact us: 415-554-7903 or firstname.lastname@example.org.