What to do
1. Schedule a meeting with the Office of Cannabis
We will walk you through your outreach requirements.
2. Set up at least 1 outreach meeting
The meetings should take place at your business location, or within 1 mile of it.
Weeknight meetings must be between 6pm and 9pm Pacific time. Weekend meetings must be between 10am and 9pm Pacific time.
3. Contact your district supervisor and Office of Cannabis
You must let us all know at least 72 hours before the meeting, about the meeting:
We will ask you when and how you contacted us and your district supervisor.
4. Write a notice to inform your neighbors about your meeting
- Meeting dates, times, and location
- Copy of your Good Neighbor Policy, in English, Spanish, traditional Chinese, and Filipino
- Other ways your neighbors can give written input on your policy
- Name, phone number, and email address of an onsite manager of community relations
Neighbors can contact the onsite manager about the operation of your business.
If you don't have an onsite manager yet, you can still do outreach. But before you can get your permit, you must assign a staff member to do community relations. You must send another notice to your neighbors with their contact information. You must also give the Office of Cannabis their information.
You must translate your notice into Spanish, Chinese, and Filipino.
Save a copy of your notice, in all languages. You will upload this to your permit application.
5. Provide your notice to your neighbors
Keep a list of your neighbors' names and addresses. You will upload the list to your permit application.
6. Keep meeting documents for your application
We will ask for:
- Sign in sheets
- Information packets
- Any written input your neighbors provided
Locations that need Conditional Use Authorization
You can use these outreach materials to prepare for the Planning Commission hearing. See details in the Conditional Use Application.
Combining SF Planning outreach
You can combine both cannabis and SF Planning requirements into 1 meeting. Contact Office of Cannabis for details.
Last updated December 23, 2019