San Francisco Health Commission
The Governing Body of the San Francisco Department of Public Health.
Monthly Meeting Schedule
- Full Health Commission: 1st and 3rd Tuesdays at 4pm
- Finance and Planning Committee : 1st Tuesday at 2pm
- Laguna Honda Joint Conference Committee: 2nd Tuesday at 4pm
- Community and Public Health Committee: 3rd Tuesday at 2pm
- Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital Joint Conference Committee: 4th Tuesday at 3pm
Meeting During COVID-19
All Health Commission meetings will be held virtually on the Webex Platform until further notice.
As the governing and policy-making body of the Department of Public Health (DPH), the Health Commission is given authority by the San Francisco Charter to oversee and, with the DPH, control the City and County hospitals, emergency medical services, and in general provide for the preservation, promotion, and protection of the physical and mental health of San Francisco residents, except where the Charter grants such authority to another City officer or Department. The Mayor appoints the seven Health Commissioners to four-year terms.