Equity businesses may get up to $50,000.
Check if you are eligible
To be eligible for grant redistribution, applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria, adopted by OOC in coordination with the Cannabis Oversight Committee:
- Be a Verified Equity Applicant with a unique ID number;
- The applicant must have a Cannabis Business Permit application submitted to OOC with a status of processing, under-construction, or approved as of October 14, 2020;
- The applicant must be registered as a supplier with the City and County of San Francisco, and provided their valid supplier number to OOC no later than June 30, 2021;
- The applicant's City supplier number must reflect an entity name that is associated with the applicant's Business Account Number in the records of the OOC and the SF Office of the Treasurer and Tax Collector.
The OOC circulated an award notification to eligible grantees who were required to notify the OOC of their intent to move forward.
Prepare your documents
You may need the following insurance if you’re an operating business
- General Liability Insurance
- Automobile Insurance, if applicable
- Workers' Compensation, if you have employees
- Product liability insurance, if applicable
All grantees must provide a blanket fidelity bond or a Crime Policy (Employee Dishonesty Coverage).
Learn about the grant and send in questions
The Redistributing Cannabis Grants bulletin is available here. The bulletin includes information about eligibility, documentation requirements, and eligible expense categories.
A webinar was held on September 24, 2021. A recording of that webinar is available here. The password to view the recording is qKuPxhr6.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about the grant process.
Eligible applicants will get information about how to claim their reimbursement when they sign their grant agreement.
Eligible expense categories include:
- Regulatory compliance
- Legal assistance
- Local and state application, licensing, and regulatory fees
- Testing of cannabis
- Fixtures and equipment
- Capital improvements
- Banking and escrow fees
- Accounting services
- Packaging and materials
- Marketing and advertising
- Tax liability of the cannabis business
Get reimbursed from the City
Keep your records. We may follow up to make sure the funds were used appropriately.
Last updated September 27, 2021