FilmSF, a division of the Office of Economic and Workforce Development (OEWD), is issuing this Request for Proposals (RFP) to provide film space grants to one or more nonprofit organizations.
Film space grants include two core services:
1. providing space within an owned or leased San Francisco-based facility for five or more filmmakers and
2. providing professional development programming and career mentorship to filmmakers working on professional-quality film projects. More details about the scope of services can be found in Section 2 of the RFP.
The total amount of funding anticipated for initial grant awards is $24,000 per year. Initial grants are expected to be awarded for a term of two years. Grants may be renewed for up to two additional years, subject to grantee performance and budget availability.
Grant awards are anticipated to begin July 2023 or later and conclude no later than June 30, 2027.
The anticipated schedule for this RFP is below. Check this page frequently for updates as the schedule is subject to change.
- RFP is issued by the City: Thursday, April 27, 2023
- Deadline for submission of written questions:* Tuesday, May 9, 2023 at 11:59 PM
- Answers to written questions posted online
- Final posting: Thursday, May 11, 2023 by end of day
- Proposals due: Friday, May 19, 2023 by 5:00 PM
- Committee proposal review: May 22 through May 26, 2023
- Grantee selection and award notifications: June 9, 2023
- Protest period ends: 5 business days following award notification
- Projects begin: July 1, 2023 or later
The deadline to submit substantive questions is Tuesday, May 9, 2023 at 11:59 PM. Substantive questions are questions that seek to clarify expectations about the RFP or administrative processes. However, you may continue to submit technical questions (e.g. "How do I complete the application?") to email@example.com until the submission deadline and we will respond as soon as possible.
To ensure full transparency and the opportunity for all applicants to benefit from Departmental guidance, questions should only be submitted in writing. The answers to all questions asked by the deadline will be available for download in the Documents section below.
View the questions that are in the application in Appendix A linked below. All elements of the proposal package must be submitted online by the application deadline on Friday, May 19, 2023 at 5:00 PM.
Request for Proposals (RFP) - Film Space Grant 2023-2027
Film space grants for nonprofit organizations.
For reference only. This document contains the questions that you will find in the online application. Clicking the link will download a Microsoft Word file (.docx).
Required. This is the standard budget template that must be uploaded with your online submission. Clicking the link will download a Microsoft Excel file (.xlsx).
For reference only. This document provides standard City language that will be included in the resulting grants awarded through this RFP.
For reference only. This document provides additional details on key City administrative requirements that apply to applicants.
For reference only.
6/2/23 (4:40 PM)
- The Grantee selection and award notifications date has been adjusted to June 9, 2023.
4/28/23 (4:16 PM)
- The online application was published under the Apply section.
Additional documents will also be uploaded in this section, check back often for updates. If you would like to request any of the above documents in an alternative format, email firstname.lastname@example.org. The email address is monitored between 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday, excluding federal holidays.