On Election Night, results will also be available at the North Light Court of City Hall and broadcast via the ticker on SFGTV (Channel 26).
Official statewide election results will be available at sos.ca.gov/elections.
The Department of Elections will report local election results as follows:
Election Night Reporting (Preliminary)
After the polls close, the Department will release four preliminary results reports:
- At approximately 8:45 p.m., a report consisting of results from vote-by-mail ballots received before Election Day.
- At approximately 9:45 p.m., a report incorporating Election Day results from polling places that have reported as of that time.
- At 10:45 p.m., a report incorporating additional Election Day results from polling places that have reported as of that time.
- As soon as all polling places have reported, a report incorporating Election Day results from all 514 city precincts.
All of the election results released on Election Night will be preliminary and will change in the following days as the Department counts several tens of thousands of ballots. These will include all valid provisional and vote-by-mail ballots received on Election Day, as well as all valid vote-by-mail ballots received within one week of Election Day and postmarked by Election Day.
Canvass Period Daily Reporting (Preliminary)
- Beginning Wednesday, March 6, the Department of Elections will publish a report of the approximate number of ballots still to be counted at approximately 4 p.m. daily.
- Beginning Thursday, March 7, the Department of Elections will release updated preliminary election results reports at approximately 4 p.m. daily.
On days the Department does not count ballots and no updated preliminary election results reports are available, the Department will post a notice to that effect.
Final Results Reporting
The Department of Elections will release final election results no later than April 4, 2024.
First and last Election Night reports, as well as all daily canvass period reports, will include both a) the Statement of the Vote, with data sorted by precinct, district, and neighborhood (PDF and Excel), and b) the Cast Vote Record, showing raw vote data (JSON).
Members of the public are welcome to observe ballot processing in person or via the live stream posted on the Observe the Election Process page.
Department of Elections1 Dr. Carlton B. Goodlett Place
City Hall, Room 48
San Francisco, CA 94102
Last updated November 8, 2023