Initial Departmental Improvement Plans
The Housing for All Executive Directive charges all City Departments with the responsibility for achieving the goals and actions set forth in San Francisco’s Housing Element. As part of that effort, Departments were required to submit a Housing Delivery Performance Assessment and Improvement Plan to the Mayor by May 1, 2023. The goal of these plans is to remove barriers to housing by clearly describing their current performance and outlining process improvements to streamline housing approvals and permits.
All fourteen housing delivery and permitting departments named in Housing for All responded by May 1 with their initial Housing Delivery Performance Assessment and Improvement Plans, linked below. These plans will continue to be refined in the coming months as One City: A Housing for All Action Plan is implemented.
Submit your comments
You are encouraged to submit comments on these department plans at any time via this comment form.
Each department’s plan is linked below:
- Department of Building Inspection
- Fire Department
- Mayor’s Office of Housing and Community Development
- Mayor’s Office on Disability
- Office of the Assessor-Recorder
- Office of Community Investment and Infrastructure
- Office of Economic and Workforce Development
- Permit Center
- Planning Department
- Port of San Francisco
- Recreation and Parks Department
- San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency
- San Francisco Public Utilities Commission
- San Francisco Public Works
- Treasure Island Development Authority