What to do
Sign up with Paymode
The City and County of San Francisco makes daily payments to our vendors, contractors, and suppliers through Paymode-X™, an online payment provider (also known as "Automated Clearing House" or "ACH" payments). All vendors with new and extended/renewed contracts must sign up to receive electronic payments from the City through Paymode-X™.
To sign up for an account, you need your company's:
- Legal name
- Phone number
- Federal employer identification number (EIN) or your Social Security number if you are a sole proprietor
- Bank account information, including routing and account numbers
NOTE: You do not have to be a customer of Bank of America Merrill Lynch to receive Electronic Payments from the City and County of San Francisco.
You will get an email confirming when your account is ready to receive electronic payments. This takes 2-3 weeks from the time you enroll.
- Saves time and money – Electronic Payments can reduce labor, hassle, expenses, and risk associated with checks and there is no charge to receive payments in this format from the City and County of San Francisco.
- Fits with existing systems and banking practices – Paymode-X™ requires no software purchase, no modification to your accounts receivable system, and no change to your bank or bank accounts.
- Includes remittance information from our check stub – Paymode-X™ provides the remittance information printed on our check stub with the electronic payment for easier reconciliation. You will also be notified by email each time you receive a payment.
- Provides payment history – A detailed history of all Paymode-X™ payments from the City and County of San Francisco will be available to you on the Paymode-X™ website.
- Easy enrollment – It can take you less than 10 minutes to enroll. You will be notified by email when you are ready to receive Electronic Payments.
Contact us if you have any questions or want to check the status of your enrollment.
Last updated July 22, 2022