What to do
1. Get your plans reviewed
Go to the Department of Building Inspection (DBI) to start plan reviews. You will need to provide 3 copies of your plans.
DBI will let you know which plan reviews you need. They might include Fire, Mayor’s Office on Disability, and the Department of Public Health.
2. Get a job card
DBI will give you a job card after your plan reviews.
The job card allows you to start construction or remodeling. You must get inspections from DBI afterwards.
3. Get other permits
The permits you need depend on what your business does.
- Seller’s permit to sell tangible items
- Sign permits to add or change a canopy or sign on the outside of the building
- Transit Impact Development Fee if your business increases the number of people coming to your area
- Water and Wastewater Capacity Fees that may be higher for some cannabis businesses
- Public assembly permit if you are building a consumption lounge with an occupancy of more than 49 people
Last updated June 11, 2020