What to do
1. Decide if buying a home is right for you
2. Gather your documents
You will need at least:
- 3 months of your most recent bank statements
- 3 years of your most recent tax returns
- 3 most recent paystubs
3. Attend homebuyer education
4. Get a mortgage loan preapproval letter from an approved lender
When you apply for housing, your preapproval letter must be dated within the past 120 days (about 4 months).
These lenders are familiar with various City housing programs. Bring your financial documents when meeting them.
5. Apply for housing
Every year, we will ask for proof that you are living at the home, and that you have homeowners insurance.
Last updated February 07, 2020