What to do
Gather the required documents
- Title change request letter, dated and signed by all titleholders
- Proof of residency for the person who is being added or removed from the title
- Such as current driver license, government ID, paystub, current utility bill, or current lease
- Proof of title change
- For addition: Marriage certificate or state domestic partnership registration
- For removal: Death certificate, divorce decree, dissolution of marriage decree, or dissolution of state domestic partnership decree
- For transfer to revocable living trust: Draft trust document, certification of Trust Authority and Power. Please see Title Transfer to Living Trust Policy for additional information.
- Draft of the Grant Deed, showing how the new title should be held
- Any other documents to support the title change
Upload your documents securely
If you are unable to send in your documents online, you can mail your application to:
Mayor’s Office of Housing and Community Development
Attn: Loan Servicing
1 South Van Ness Ave., 5th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94103
After you request a title change
- Due to an increase in volume, MOHCD may take 90 business days or more to process a complete title change package. MOHCD is prioritizing title change requests that are related to a refinance transaction.
- We may ask for additional documents.
- We reserve the right to deny a title change request.
Last updated November 15, 2022