What to do
1. Check your eligibility
At least 1 party to the marriage must be an active uniformed member of the US armed forces.
They must currently serve in a deployed or deployable unit.
2. Make an appointment
You need an appointment to get a marriage license. You must pay for the license when you make the appointment.
3. Complete an application form
Download and complete the military priority wedding application form.
4. Prepare for your appointment
Be prepared to bring the following to your appointment:
- Valid legal photo identification for both parties
- United States Armed Forces active uniformed duty identification card
- Completed military priority wedding application form
Invite up to 6 guests. The ceremony will not be delayed due to guests not being present, so ensure they have the correct date and time.
5. Go to your appointment
Bring the required materials and any guests to your marriage license appointment.
The ceremony will be performed immediately after the issuance of a marriage license.
Last updated April 28, 2023