What to do
We are no longer accepting applications.
1. Check if your business is eligible
Check that your business is in the Bayview target area on our map of business neighborhoods.
There are 2 grants for Bayview small businesses. Both Bayview grants require that your business:
- Be a for-profit business
- Have a current SF business license
- Have been in operation full-time since at least September 16, 2019
- Have less than $2.5 million in gross annual receipts in 2018 or 2019
- Have closed or seen a 25% decline in revenue during the coronavirus outbreak
To qualify for our commercial storefront grant, your business must be located on Third Street between Evans and Jamestown.
If you do not have a commercial storefront, you may qualify for our emerging entrepreneurs grant. To qualify for this grant, you must live in the 94124 zip code and have a meaningful connection to the Bayview community.
2. Prepare your documents
You will need to upload these documents to apply:
- Completed and signed W-9
- Current SF business license and registration
For the commercial storefront grant, you will also need to upload:
- Proof of SF address
- Your business reopening or recovery plan after the Stay Home order ends
- Your commercial lease (if available)
- Business tax returns
If your business is essential and still open, show proof of a 25% decline in revenue in a 30-day period in 2020 compared to 2019 or 2018. You can submit bank statements, tax documents, or a report from your accounting software or point of sale system.
3. Start your application
We will ask you about your identity, business details, and the impact of coronavirus on your business.
4. If you get a mini-grant
You should enroll in at least 2 virtual learning opportunities that support your business.
We have mini-grants available for some other neighborhoods. See available mini-grants for businesses affected by the coronavirus outbreak.
We also have a mini-grant fund for 100% women-owned businesses in San Francisco. Women-owned businesses in these neighborhoods may only apply for one mini-grant.
Last updated June 30, 2022