You must do a filming survey if you plan on shooting between 10 p.m. and 7 a.m.
We recommend starting this process at least 2 weeks before your shoot.
Contact Film SF
If you plan on filming between 10 pm and 7 am, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may require a neighborhood filming survey before your shoot.
Send us a map of the impacted location
Include any areas 300 feet past:
- The last parking spot
- Any film or equipment setup
You can use a screenshot of a Google Map.
Mark your footprint, including parking and filming setup.
Email the map to email@example.com.
Create a filming survey
Use the filming survey template PDF.
The survey should include:
- Details of the specific areas impacted
- Hours of filming
- Phone number and email address to collect feedback
Email the survey to firstname.lastname@example.org for approval.
Distribute the survey
Drop off the survey twice on different days. Give people as much opportunity to give you feedback.
If a business within your filming location will be open during the shoot, give them a survey too.
For apartments, leave a survey for each resident. Managers may sign off on behalf of tenants.
Create a report
The report should illustrate responses, including residents that did not respond after 2 attempts.
- The response of each resident on a map
- A breakdown of each resident’s response
- A final tally of No Concerns, Concerns, or No Response
- Notes for each residence about dates and times that the survey was distributed
- The percentage of neighborhood response overall (all confirmed contact with residents)
- The percentage of No Concerns (number of No Concerns divided by the total number of surveys received)
You can refer to a sample results report (in Excel) and a sample results map.
Email the report and map to email@example.com. We will schedule a call to discuss the report.
Last updated October 28, 2022