Starting on Thursday, March 9, the National Weather Service is predicting strong winds, thunderstorms, and heavy rain. They expect storm conditions through the weekend. Forecasts may change, but flooding is possible from Thursday through Sunday.
For all businesses, especially those that experienced flooding in the winter storms in December and January, please get prepared.
- Get sandbags: pick up 10 free at the Department of Public Works’ operations yard at 2323 Cesar Chavez, open from 8am-2pm
- Clear the storm drains near your business
- Bring in, or secure, outdoor furniture, equipment, and Shared Space.
- Raise inventory and/or equipment off the ground. If you store boxes or other inventory stacked on the ground, move them to tabletops or carts
- Consider adjusting your staffing for employees' safe travel and your business needs
- Ensure that you and your employees have what they need in case the power goes out, such as flashlights, charged mobile devices, and extra batteries
- Sign up for AlertSF by texting your Zip Code to 888-777 for real-time emergency alerts
During the storm:
- Stay away from flooded areas and downed power lines whether in car or on foot
- Do not touch electrical equipment if you are wet or standing in water
- Call 311 to report flooding and clogged storm drains
- ONLY call 911 for life-threatening emergencies, not to report flooding issues
Tune-in to KCBS (740 AM or 106.9 FM), local TV channels, or social media (@sf_emergency; @sfwater; @sfpublicworks; @sfdph ) for emergency advisories and instructions.