INFORMAL SOLICITATION RFQ #2021 – 1
Transgender Data Mapping in San Francisco Project
Date issued: May 3, 2021
Response due no later than: May 14, 2021
Estimated Contract Amount: NTE $50,000. Contract period is anticipated to start June 1, 2021 to June 30, 2022. In addition, the City shall have three (3) options to extend the term for a period of one (1) year each, for a total of (4) years, totaling up to $50,000, which the City may exercise in its sole, absolute discretion.
The Office of Transgender Initiatives (OTI) is the first and only trans-led city government office working with communities to advance policies, programs, and equity for transgender, gender nonconforming (TGNC), and LGBQ communities. OTI work focuses on four may areas of service: Civic & Community Engagement; Advising Mayor’s Office and City Departments; Training & Education; Programs & Policies.
The Office of Transgender Initiatives seeks a contractor to support an assessment of disparities and service needs of TGNC communities. Services would include:
- Compilation and meaning making of existing TGNC data.
- Collective impact strategy with community-based organizations providing direct services to TGNC communities in San Francisco.
- At least 5 (five) years’ experience providing strategy, evaluation, and research on TGNC, LGBTQ, and diverse communities. Including a strong community connection, data driven and collaborative approach.
- Expertise in community and economic development, health and human services, navigation and capacity building.
- Contractor able to provide strong references of work with other City and County Departments and local LGBTQ organizations.
- Applicants must be a certified LBE with the City and County of San Francisco at the time of application.
Interested parties are requested to provide the following information:
- Name of organization responding
- Name and contact information (telephone, email, fax) for an individual who is an authorized representative of the organization.
- Description of experience working with TGNC, LGBTQ, and underserved communities.
- Respond as to how your organization meets the qualifications required, above.
Please respond via email to:
Office of Transgender Initiatives (OTI)
Pau.Crego@sfgov.org (Fax, mail or in-person responses will be not accepted.)