If your business is in a flood prone area, there are things you can do to lessen the impact of major rain and winds:
- Get sandbags: pick them up for free at the Department of Public Works’ operations yard at 2323 Cesar Chavez
- Bring in, or secure, outdoor furniture
- Raise inventory and/or equipment off the ground. If you store boxes or inventory stacked on the ground, move them to tabletops or carts
- Ensure that you and your employees have what they need in case the power goes out, such as flashlights, charged mobile devices, and extra batteries
- Sign up for AlertSF by texting your Zip Code to 888-777 for real-time emergency alerts
During the storm:
- Stay away from flooded areas and downed power lines whether in car or on foot
- Do not touch electrical equipment if you are wet or standing in water
- Call 311 to report flooding and clogged storm drains
- ONLY call 911 for life-threatening emergencies, not to report flooding issues
After the storm:
If your business is flooded during rains on New Year's Eve or this week, here are some steps you can take:
- Make a record of your business losses by take photos and videos of damage
- Contact your insurance provider and/or landlord
- Reach out to the Office of Small Business at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-554-6134. Small business specialists can refer you to advisors, financial options, permitting help, and more.
Tune-in to KCBS (740 AM or 106.9 FM), local TV channels, or social media (@sf_emergency; @sfwater; @sfpublicworks; @sfdph ) for emergency advisories and instructions.
Sign up for the Office of Small Business monthly newsletter for more updates and opportunities for small businesses.