EMERGENCY LOCATION CHANGE:
This meeting shall be held REMOTELY
via WebEx ONLY and NOT IN CITY HALL.
As authorized by California Government Code Section 54953(e) and Mayor Breed’s 45th Supplement to her February 25, 2020 emergency proclamation, it is possible that some members of the Juvenile Probation Commission may attend this meeting remotely. In that event, those members will participate and vote by video. Members of the public may attend the meeting to observe and provide public comment at the physical meeting location listed above or online: Juvenile Probation Commission Meeting Information | Juvenile Probation Department (sfgov.org). Instructions for providing remote public comment are below.
LISTEN/PUBLIC COMMENT CALL-IN: +1-415-655-0001
ACCESS CODE: 2491 988 4705
- Public Comment
- Review and Approval of the Full Commission Meeting Minutes December 14, 2022 (DISCUSSION & ACTION ITEM)
Note: This agenda item was continued to the February 8, 2023, agenda.
- Report from Program Committee on CARC, partnering with CBO’s, intake process and related issues (DISCUSSION & POSSIBLE ACTION ITEM).
a. Chief Probation Officer comments re: progress on Program Committee recommendations.
- Department of Children, Youth and Their Families (DCYF) planning process for next round of funding for the Children and Youth Fund. (DISCUSSION & POSSIBLE ACTION ITEM)
- Chief’s Report – (DISCUSSION & POSSIBLE ACTION)
a. Monthly Data Report
b. JPD Budget Process Overview
c. Workforce Updates
d. Juvenile Justice System Transformation Updates
- New detention-based grants
- President’s Report – (DISCUSSION)
a. Finance Committee members
- Future agenda items - (DISCUSSION & POSSIBLE ACTION ITEM)
- Adjournment (ACTION ITEM)
Commissioners and JPD staff will convene Commission meetings in person and by teleconference.
Public Comment may be made during the appropriate item in person at the meeting. Additionally, public comment may be made remotely as follows:
INSTRUCTIONS FOR PUBLIC COMMENT CALLERS
*Public Comment can be made by phone during the virtual meeting:
- Call 415-655-0001, enter meeting's Access Code found on the Agenda then press “#” when asked for ID, press “#” again.
- To make comment, press *3 (star, three) to raise your hand.
- You will hear a prompt confirming that your hand has been raised.
- Please wait until the Host unmutes you and allows you to speak.
- When it is your turn, you will then hear a prompt saying that "You have been unmuted" and you may begin your comment.
- Please speak only to the entire Council, and not to individual members; you will have 3 minutes to make your public comment.
Members of the public may also submit public comment on agenda items in advance by emailing comments to JUV-ProbationCommission@sfgov.org, or by leaving your comment via voicemail at 415-753-7556. Comments submitted no later than 5 PM the Monday before the meeting will be read into the record by the Secretary during the teleconference meeting and will be treated as a substitute to providing public comment by phone during the meeting.
Persons who submit written public comment in advance on an agenda item or items will not be permitted to also provide public comment on the same agenda item(s) by phone during the meeting.
Members of the public may address the Commission for up to three minutes on any matter within the Commission’s jurisdiction that does not appear on the agenda. Speakers shall address their remarks to the Commission as a whole and not to individual Commissioners or Department personnel. The lack of a response by the Commissioners or Department personnel does not necessarily constitute agreement with or support of statements made during public comment.
The Commission will hear public comment on all agenda items before or during discussion of the item. The period of time allowed for public comment may be modified by the Chair in the interest of fairness to all those wishing to address the Commission.
To obtain a disability-related modification or accommodation, including auxiliary aids or services, to participate in the meeting, please contact the Commission Secretary at (415) 753-7556 at least 3 business days before the meeting.
Know your rights under the Sunshine Ordinance
Know your rights under the Sunshine Ordinance
Government’s duty is to serve the public, reaching its decision in full view of the public. Commissions, boards, councils and other agencies of the City and County exist to conduct the people’s business. This ordinance assures that deliberations are conducted before the people and that City operations are open to the people’s review.
For more information on your rights under the Sunshine Ordinance or to report a violation of the ordinance, contact the Sunshine Ordinance Task Force. You may contact the current Sunshine Ordinance Task Force Administrator, Frank Darby, Jr., as follows: Sunshine Ordinance Task Force, City Hall, Room 244, 1 Dr. Carlton B. Goodlett Place, San Francisco CA 94102-4689; by phone at (415) 554-7724; by fax at (415) 554-7854; or by email at email@example.com. Copies of the Sunshine Ordinance can be obtained from the Clerk of the Sunshine Task Force, the San Francisco Public Library, and on the City’s Web site at http://www.sfgov.org.