Apply directly for rental housing
View listings and apply for rental housing opportunities on the DAHLIA San Francisco Housing Portal.
View and apply for First Come, First Served BMR Rental housing opportunities.
View listings and apply for housing opportunities for Emergency Voucher holders.
Information about rental housing programs
Inclusionary Housing Program (also known as "Mixed Income" or "BMR")
- Units are rented below market rate, in market-rate buildings built by for-profit developers.
100% Affordable (also known as "Multifamily")
- All units in the building are rented at reduced rates, often by non-profit developers working with MOHCD.
- Former public housing from the SF Housing Authority is also being converted to 100% affordable buildings.
Other rental programs
- Apply online! The Plus Housing Program helps low-income people living with HIV (depending on need) get placed in rentals units or get subsidies.
You can contact the following organizations about available rent subsidies.
- Subsidized housing voucher program for assisting very low-income residents renting in the private market.
- Operated at the federal level by the San Francisco Housing Authority
Other rental opportunities
These lists are developed each month by community nonprofit agencies.