Annual monitoring information
MOHCD has an occupancy requirement for homeowners, and this will be checked each year. You can still live in your unit if your income increases.
Every year, we'll ask for proof (see below) that everyone listed on the title lives at the home. You are not allowed to rent out your home on platforms like Airbnb.
Be sure to read the rules for your specific homebuyer program. We will also ask for proof that the rules are being followed.
Renting out any of our units is illegal. To report illegal renting and other fraud, you can call our anonymous housing hotline at (415) 701-5613 or email email@example.com.
You must certify that your home:
- is your primary residence
- Your home must not be rented out on platforms like Airbnb
- carries homeowner's insurance coverage
- Your home insurance policy must include MOHCD as an "additional insured" or "loss payee" on the declarations page: City and County of San Francisco Mayor's Office of Housing and Community Development, Its successors and/or assigns (ISAOA), 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 5th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94103
- If MOHCD is not included, please contact your insurance agent to update your policy. MOHCD must be included in your policy.
You must complete an Online Occupancy Certification
- Set aside 10 to 15 minutes to complete the Online Occupancy Certification. The form can’t be saved, and visited later.
- Have all owners present to digitally sign the form. All owners must sign and certify the Occupancy Certification.
- Each household to submit only (1) one Online Occupancy Certification, even if there are more than one owner of the property.
- All owners must sign and certify the Online Occupancy Certification.
- Open a browser on your computer or smartphone to complete the Online BMR Occupancy Certification.
We are contacting homeowners who are participating in the following loan program:
Check out our Homeownership Monitoring FAQ
Last updated October 26, 2022