- Anyone 12 or older
- Fully vaccinated with Pfizer, Moderna, or Johnson & Johnson
12 to 17 year olds can only get a Pfizer booster.
Get your booster based on when you were fully vaccinated
- Pfizer and Moderna, after 5 months
- Johnson and Johnson, after 2 months
- Set up a time at your doctor's
- Or find a nearby pharmacy or vaccine site giving boosters
Though many sites take drop-ins, people with appointments have priority. Vaccines and boosters are in high demand.
Mix or match
If you got the J&J vaccine
- For most situations you should get the Pfizer or Moderna booster
- This is recommended by both the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the California Department of Public Health (CDPH)
If you got the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine
- You can mix your booster so you get a different brand of mRNA vaccine
- Or you can match it and keep the brand the same
Ask your doctor or the healthcare professional giving you your booster which is best for you.