The Educators-DALP is a silent second loan that requires no monthly payments. When the property is sold or transferred, the owner pays MOHCD back the principal amount of the loan, plus an equitable share of appreciation of the property.
You can view DALP funding balances.
You can apply for an Educators-DALP if you:
- Are currently employed with SFUSD.
- Included are United Educators of San Francisco (UESF) members, including teachers, paraprofessionals, counselors, deans, nurses, speech pathologists, psychologists, behavioral analysts, social workers, special education, content specialists, and librarians.
- Also included are those who work in the SFUSD Early Education Department.
- Are a first-time homebuyer in San Francisco. You must not have any ownership interest in a residential unit in San Francisco for the last 3 years.
- Have completed homebuyer education and have a mortgage loan pre-approval letter from a MOHCD-approved lender.
- Fulfill other eligibility requirements in the General DALP.
- Make under 200% AMI for your household size.
For a household size of 1 person, 200% AMI in 2022 is $194,000
For a household size of 2 people, 200% AMI in 2022 is $221,700
For a household size of 4 people, 200% AMI in 2022 is $277,100
Apply for the Educators-DALP
The application period has closed.
You can get email updates on ownership listings, including DALP. Sign up for the email list.