Parte de: Department of Police Accountability
The Department of Police Accountability (DPA) investigates all complaints about police misconduct that:
- Are made by a member of the public
- Involve one or more SFPD sworn members who were on-duty at the time of the event the complaint is about
As part of our investigation, a trained investigator may:
- Interview those involved, including the person who made the complaint, witnesses, and officers
- Review of police department records, policies, and procedures
- Inspect medical records and photographs
- Conduct a legal analysis
A team of supervisors and attorneys will review the investigation to ensure its accuracy, thoroughness, and consistency with Police Commission standards. Your complaint may result in officer discipline, policy changes within the SFPD, or both.
Criminal charges or civil lawsuits
We don’t deal with criminal charges or civil lawsuits. If you have questions about criminal charges or civil lawsuits, contact the San Francisco Bar Association Lawyer Referral and Information service at 415-989-1616.
Check out our DPA 101 Presentation for more on what we do.
Solicitar registros públicos