The Community Challenge Grants Program (CCG) provides resources to community groups, businesses, community benefit districts, schools, and nonprofit organizations.
Our program is an important tool for building strong San Francisco neighborhoods. CCG funds community-led projects that present thoughtful, well-planned strategies for:
- Creating physical improvements to public spaces
- Planting or improving sidewalk and community gardens
- Creating community gathering or open space areas
- Streetscape enhancements
- Urban greening and agriculture
- Creation and installation of Public Art
- Installation of other neighborhood amenities and beautification
CCG is a division within the City Administrator’s Office.
CCG's goals are to:
- Promote physical improvements and greening of public spaces
- Engage residents and businesses in creating welcoming places for residents to play, gather and build community
- Use greening projects to support and promote community participation, neighborhood stewardship, and address issues of importance to residents and others
Our grant programs
Community Challenge Grants (CCG)
These grants fund community groups to make physical improvements to their neighborhoods.
Watershed Stewardship Grants (WSG)
CCG has partnered with the San Francisco Public Utilities Commission (SFPUC) Wastewater Enterprise Division to fund green stormwater infrastructure projects to support San Francisco’s watersheds and sewer infrastructure.
Eastern Neighborhoods Grants (ENG)
CCG has partnered with San Francisco Planning to fund physical improvements focused on projects within the Eastern Neighborhoods. Projects must be located on city-owned property and within the Eastern Neighborhoods regions to qualify for funding.