What we do
We will help you navigate the child support program.
Child support usually comes in the form of payments from one parent to another, to help with the cost of raising a child.
We can help you:
Get child support
- Open a case
- Get legally recognized as a parent
- Locate a parent
- Get paid the right amount
Pay child support
- Understand how much you owe
- Choose which way to pay
- Know your options if you're fined or have another issue (such as a suspended license)
- Review or change what you owe
- Get help if you're not sure you're the genetic parent (such as free DNA testing)
Manage employee payments
- Know what to do if you're an employer told to withhold wages
- Send payments to the state
Our mission is to help families get the resources they need to thrive.
Whether you're paying support or receiving it, we'll work with you to understand the system so you can best provide for your children's health and well-being.
What we don't do
Our department can't help you with matters related to divorce, custody, or visitation.
For help in those cases, contact the family law facilitator at San Francisco Superior Court.
Annual Surveillance Report Inventory