Equity Learning Series
What to Expect
- Virtual 4-5x/month
- 1 hour in length
- Articles, videos, and stories with discussion guides
- Small and large group discussions
- To normalize conversations about race
- To create a shared understanding/vocabulary
- To help staff see their own role in addressing inequity
- To develop ways that Health Equity can be incorporated into DPH practices
Highest Attended ELS Sessions 2020-21
- A conversation on race and privilege with Angela Davis and Jane Elliott
- A discussion of Critical Race Theory
- White Pride vs, Black Pride. Why is the gay community so segregated?
- A Conversation about Black and Asian Solidarity
Email Gavin Morrow-Hall at email@example.com to receive the BAAHI Blast Newsletter with links to ELS!
Web-based trainings available on Staff Employee Portal
- Introduction to Health Equity
- Introduction to Implicit Bias
Anti-Racism, Equitable and Inclusive Fellowship
A 5-month cohort-based learning community that equips staff with the skills, tools, and practices to advance equity, anti-racism, and inclusion at SFDPH.
2021 Racial Equity Champions
Equity Champions engage in trainings, program and skill development to shift workplace culture and advance equity in their work.