Certificate of Preference waitlist opportunities
MOHCD has created this interactive Dashboard listing former San Francisco Redevelopment Agency (SFRA) and Office of Community Investment and Infrastructure (OCII) developments. The interactive Dashboard allows you to explore developments that may have existing waitlist opportunities or developments for those experiencing homelessness.
Developments with waitlist opportunities: COP certificate holders can be placed at the top of a waitlist after any COP certificate holders who are already on the waitlist, regardless if the waitlist is closed to other applicants.
Developments housing people experiencing homelessness: COP certificate holders experiencing homelessness will need to go through a Coordinated Entry Access Point ran by the Department of Homelessness and Supportive Housing.
How to use the dashboard
At the top of the dashboard, you’ll find four boxes that allow you to filter by zip code, neighborhood, supervisor district, and/or target population. Simply check your preference(s) to display a list of housing opportunities. The following information is displayed for each development that fit your filters.
- Project Address
- Total number of Affordable units
- Target Population
- Property Management Firm
- Property Management Supervisor Name
- Property Management Supervisor Email
- Property Management Supervisor Phone Number
- Property Manager Name
- Property Manager Email
- Property Manager Phone Number
Corresponding maps change when you filter for zip code, neighborhood, supervisor district, and/or target population to show where the developments are located.
Use the gray bar at the bottom of the page to scroll from side to side to see the information displayed all the to the left of the page and to the right of the page under the headers listed above: *Sponsor through *Property Manager Phone Number.
You can also click the "Open in a new page" button which appears as a small square with a black arrow pointing upwards to view a larger version of the dashboard.
Once you have the information for the developments you are interested in…
- Contact the development directly.
- Request to be placed on the waitlist*.
- Development staff will contact the Mayor’s Office of Housing and Community Development (MOHCD) to verify COP status.
- The COP holder must still meet the income and asset requirements, in addition to the building’s selection criteria.
* COP holders should be placed at the top of the waitlist behind any COP holders who are already on the waitlist. Placement of new COP holders on the waitlist will be determined by the date of the COP holder’s request to be added to the waitlist.
*If you are contacting a development that houses people experiencing homelessness,
- Contact a Coordinated Entry Access Point.
- Coordinated Entry will reach out to MOHCD to confirm the requesters eligibility.
- COP holders will be prioritized by their level of need and the status of their certificate.