What to do
Initial funding has been depleted. At this time, any applicants will be placed on a waitlist. If funds become available, we will contact businesses in the order they applied.
1. Decide if you can provide extra sick leave through this program
You must have a location registered in SF and have staff who work there. Your business can be operating on reduced hours or temporarily closed.
You can provide sick leave for your employees if they are:
- Sick (without needing a doctor’s note)
- Over 60 years old
- A person with a health condition like heart disease, lung disease, diabetes, kidney disease, or a weakened immune system
- Self-quarantined to prevent spread
- Caring for a sick or quarantined family member
- Home because your business is closed, in response to a public official’s recommendation,
- Caring for a child who is home because their school or daycare is closed, in response to a public official’s recommendation
We will reimburse you the minimum wage rate for your SF employees, up to 40 hours. You pay the difference between the minimum wage and your staff’s regular rate. You can cover as many employees as you like, as long as they work in SF. We will reimburse you up to $311,176 (equivalent to covering 499 full-time employees).
If you have between 200 and 499 employees in all your locations, you must first exhaust the 80 hours of additional sick leave, required by the federal government for the coronavirus outbreak. You can do this before or after getting pre-approval. But you must deplete the hours before you get reimbursed, if the employee depleted their sick leave before April 2, 2020.
2. Check if your business has paid all taxes
3. Get pre-approved
Last updated June 11, 2020