What to do
We have partnered with SF New Deal to support small businesses who apply for these grants.
1. Gather information
We will ask you about:
Your business or organization
- Type of business
- Business Account Number (BAN) (Your BAN is a 7-digit number. You can look it up.)
- Primary business activity
- Number of employees
- Total gross receipts from
- July 1 to September 30, 2019 and
- July 1 to September 30, 2020
The projects and total cost for your Shared Space
- The type of permit you have
- The types of projects you want to be reimbursed for
- The estimated total cost of the work you intend to do to bring your Shared Space into compliance (including materials, labor, and consulting)
- Any past City grant funds you have received
You can also tell us your demographic information, if you want.
2. Start your application
You must already have a Shared Spaces pandemic permit AND apply for a legislated permit by January 15, 2023 to fill out the grant application.
It will take about 20 minutes. Once you start the form, you cannot save it and return later.
3. Award selection and payment
If you are selected for a grant award, we will email you.
We will prioritize grant funds based on applicants that are:
- In areas hard hit by the COVID-19 pandemic with high rates of COVID cases and deaths
- In priority geographies based on the Areas of Vulnerability
- In established Cultural Districts
- Registered as legacy businesses
- Below $2.5M in gross receipts in last reported tax year
- Not already receiving grants through other City grants programs like SF Shines
You must complete any projects required to bring your Shared Space into compliance with our requirements before we can pay you. Please wait before making major alterations intended to establish compliance until you have been directed to do so by the Shared Spaces Team.
We will email you a link to submit required materials for award payment, such as receipts and a completed and signed up-to-date W9. You must upload required materials before we can pay you.
We will arrange for reimbursement after your legislated Shared Spaces permit is approved.
Last updated March 1, 2023