What to do
Do not call 911 unless you or someone else is in immediate danger.
Reports that are not urgent can be made to 311
Call 311 if you see a business or organization that might be violating the Order and endangering the public or its employees. That includes:
- Non-essential construction
- Businesses with social distancing problems
- Non-essential business operating (but report bars, nightclubs, movie theaters, gyms, beauty salons, barbers, manicurists, health spas, and tobacco smoke shops to SFPD non-emergency dispatch)
- Neighbor complaints or concerns
- General questions
Provide as much information as you can, including:
- Name of business or organization
- What you saw
- When you saw it
When you call 311, your complaint will be referred to the appropriate City agency.
Call SFPD non-emergency dispatch for the following violations
Call to get these violations addressed right away:
- Restaurants or bars allowing seating or consumption of food or drink on the premises. (Only take-out and delivery are allowed.)
- Any of these businesses operating: bars, nightclubs, movie theaters, gyms, beauty salons, barbers, manicurists, health spas, and tobacco smoke shops.
- Large gatherings of people outside where people are not social distancing (including outdoor recreation facilities like playgrounds, tennis courts, basketball courts, or picnic areas).
- Stores selling alcoholic beverages between 8 pm and 6am.
Last updated May 29, 2020