Report a health order violation

What to do if you see businesses or others not complying with the Stay Home Order.

What to do

Do not call 911 unless you or someone else is in immediate danger.

Reports that are not urgent can be made to 311


Call 311 if you see a business or organization that might be violating the Order and endangering the public or its employees. That includes:

  • Businesses with physical distancing problems
  • Business that should not be operating
  • Neighborhood complaints or concerns
  • General questions

Provide as much information as you can, including:

  • Name of business or organization
  • Address
  • What you saw
  • When you saw it

When you call 311, your complaint will be referred to the appropriate City agency.

Call SFPD non-emergency dispatch for large crowds not physically distancing

Call if you see large gatherings of people outside where people are not physically distancing. This includes outdoor recreation facilities like playgrounds, basketball courts, or picnic areas.

You can also call SFPD non-emergency dispatch for tents blocking sidewalks or entrances.

SFPD non-emergency dispatch

Special cases

Report your workplace

Report Workplace COVID-19 Violations.

You can report anonymously, but we may need to follow up. Any contact information you share will be kept confidential. We will not share it with your employer.

You can also call 415-701-2311 (English) or 415-701-2322 (Español, 中文, TTY).

Get help



Last updated December 08, 2020