If you’re an employer with more than 20 employees (across all locations), you must offer paid parental leave.
To be eligible for paid parental leave, employees need to be getting family leave benefits from the state. They also need to meet other Paid Parental Leave requirements.
Share information with your employees
To keep your workers updated about their parental leave rights:
- Put information about the law in your handbook
- Hang this required paid parental leave poster at each workplace or job site. Printed posters need to be 8.5 X 14 inches.
- Provide them with the application form:
How employees request parental leave
Employees can request parental leave benefits by giving you a completed and signed form.
Evaluate their application
Review the Paid Parental Leave requirements to make sure they are eligible.
If you need help deciding, contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 415-554-4190.
If they are eligible, calculate how much to pay them each week
The calculation depends on how many jobs the employee has and if they get tips.
To calculate their benefit, follow the instructions in the relevant document below:
- Single employer, no tips
- Single employer, with tips
- Multiple employers, no tips
- Multiple employers, with tips
If they're not eligible
Explain why they do not qualify for parental leave benefits. Refer them to us if they have questions.
Get in touch if you have questions: 415-554-4190 or email@example.com.