What to do
Make a tax-deductible contribution
The City and County of San Francisco can accept tax-deductible monetary contributions for the City's COVID-19 outbreak response efforts.
These efforts include providing shelter, food and other assistance to individuals, families, small businesses, and nonprofits in San Francisco.
You can pay online by card or electronic check.
You can also pay by check.
If paying by check, please make payments to "The Office of the Controller.” Please include “Give2SF/COVID-19” in the memo line. Checks can be mailed to:
The Office of the Controller
City and County of San Francisco
City Hall, Room 316
San Francisco, CA 94102
Your tax-deductible donations will help protect the health of San Francisco and support the most vulnerable, including individuals, families, and local businesses.
Donations will directly support:
- Critical facilities and supplies needed to protect the health of all San Franciscans in the face of COVID-19.
- Taking care of our most medically and economically vulnerable neighbors, including individuals who must isolate per public health guidance and those facing economic hardship or a housing crisis related to COVID-19.
- Local businesses and nonprofits that are not only significant contributors to the economy, they are valued parts of our neighborhoods. Support will help businesses weather temporary closures or reduced demand due to the public health crisis.
Donations of any amount can be made. Donations over $100 will be acknowledged on the City of San Francisco website.
Donate in-kind goods
The City is accepting in-kind donations of critically needed goods. We are generally only accepting bulk amounts of:
- N-95 & KN-95 masks (3M and Moldex preferred)
- Surgical masks (child and adult sizes)
- Fabric/reusable masks and bandanas
- Fabric/reusable bags
- Gowns (isolation or surgical)
- Gloves (nitrile size L and M, 4-6 mil thickness preferred)
- Disinfectant bottles (like Pine-Sol)
- Liquid bleach (ideally, one-gallon bottles in bulk)
- 32 oz. spray bottles
- Plastic bags
- Bottled water
If you are able to make an in-kind donation of any of the above items, fill out this form.
If your items are not on this list or are not bulk donations, please reach out to community-based organizations or others who might be able to accept your donation.
If you are not sure whether your item is of appropriate type or quantity, email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Give2SF COVID-19 Response and Recovery Fund does not provide direct grants and services. Get help if you are impacted by the coronavirus outbreak, or call 311.
All donations are tax deductible to the extent permitted by law. The City and County of San Francisco’s Tax ID number is 94-6000417.
Donations to the Give2SF COVID-19 Response and Recovery Fund will be directed toward the purposes identified in areas the City designates as having the greatest need during the coronavirus emergency, as allowed by the Second Supplement to Mayoral Proclamation Declaring the Existence of a Local Emergency Dated February 25, 2020 issued on March 13, 2020.
Donors will be included in a report to the Mayor and Board of Supervisors, with information including the donor name, the value of the donation, and any financial interest the donor has involving the City. Such financial interests include any contract, grant, lease, or request for license, permit, or other entitlement with or pending before the City. This information may also be posted to the City’s website at a later date.
If the financial interest disclosure requirement applies to you, or if you have any questions about the other reporting requirements, please email Give2SF@sfgov.org.
The City is unable to accept anonymous donations.
Last updated January 14, 2021