What to do
Get financial assistance and resources
Non profit arts organizations
Other tips for businesses
- Launch a crowdfunding campaign and promote to your followers on social media and by email. Ask your followers to share it in their networks. Get tips on crowdfunding from the US Chamber of Commerce.
- Consider additional business models, like delivery and takeout, if permitted. If you have a liquor license, review ABC’s regulatory relief measures to see if your business can provide delivery or takeout.
- Sell gift cards and merchandise online. Promote on social media and by email.
- Consider incentives to keep your followers engaged, like offering a coupon code for a future event, meal, or experience.
- Partner with musicians, promoters, and other creatives to host remote online performances, classes, and conversations. Link these online events to your fundraiser page.
- OEWD's External Resources
- SF Arts Commission List of Additional Resources
- SF Chamber of Commerce
- Golden Gate Restaurant Association
- Bay Area Hospitality Coalition
- SF Council of District Merchants Association
- State of CA COVID-19 News and Resources
- California Arts Council
- Californians for the Arts
- California Lawyers for the Arts
- RIAA's Music COVID Relief
- Artists Rights Alliance Resource List
- Creative Capital
- LISC's Verizon Small Business Recovery Fund
- United States Bartenders Guild Foundation: Emergency Assistance Program
- Restaurant Workers’ Community Foundation: Restaurant Workers Crisis Relief Fund
- National Association of Music Merchants (NAMM)
Last updated May 29, 2020