What to do
Apply for financial assistance
SF Arts Relief Fund
Other tips for artists and freelancers
- Launch a crowdfunding campaign and promote to your followers on social media and by email. Ask your followers to share it in their networks. Get tips on crowdfunding from the US Chamber of Commerce.
- Host your performances or events online. Ask for donations or online tips. Host for free on social media or find a low cost platform. Link these online events to your fundraiser pages. Get advice for holding a successful event from Creative Capital or CMX.
- Partner with other musicians or creatives to make an online festival.
- Do online teaching or other virtual consulting services and charge a fee. Host 1-on-1 virtual sessions.
- Apply for temporary or remote jobs in industries that are currently in high demand, such as grocery stores, food delivery, and online retailers. Get help from OEWD.
- OEWD's External Resources
- SF Arts Commission List of Additional Resources
- KQED’s List of Emergency Funds for Freelancers and Creatives
- SF Office of Labor Standards Enforcement
- State of CA COVID-19 News and Resources
- California Arts Council
- Californians for the Arts
- California Lawyers for the Arts
Last updated June 11, 2020