What to do
1. Check if your business is eligible
Your business must:
- Have a storefront
- Have less than $2.5M in gross revenue in your most recent tax return
- Have an owner from a low or extremely-low income household or be a non-profit
2. Gather information about your business
We will ask you for:
- Your Business Account Number (BAN). If you don't know it, you can look it up.
- Your gross revenue from your most recent tax return
- Current number of full-time and part-time employees
3. Gather the business owner’s household income
The business owner’s household must qualify as low or extremely-low income, based on the Area Median Income.
We will ask you how many people are in your household. A household is a single person or a group of people who live together, regardless of actual or perceived sexual orientation, gender identity, or marital status.
We will also ask you about the income for all adults in your household. Use your 2021 tax return if you have filed or estimate your total income for the last 12 months.
You will be asked to agree to our legal terms.
This will take about 15 minutes.
5. What to expect after you apply
We will email you a confirmation.
We will email you within 30 days to let you know the status of your application.
If accepted the program will match you with a licensed architect to provide drawings to help with construction.
Last updated January 18, 2023